Monday, May 7, 2007

Web 2.0 Awards

I saw some old friends here: Flickr, Library Thing, etc. After viewing some of the other categories, I can definitely say you've given us the best of the best.

I explored some new categories--Travel and Events. I was especially intrigued by the Travel category. Kayak, http://www.kayak.com/ put all discount travel sites together in one place--a real boon for comparison shopping. Travbuddy, www.travbuddy.com was a nice site for sharing travel experiences thru unbiased travel reviews. Tripmojo, www.tripmojo.com, did a real fine job of comparative pricing of hotels. The Wayfaring site, www.warfaring.com was beyond me.
I might suggest the Kayak site to someone who wanted to do comparisons. I'd personally use Tripmojo.

In the area of Events, I couldn't link to www.evnt.org The link was broken. www.Zvents.com brought up poor results. But I really liked Eventful, www.eventful.com I searched dog shows for the Bellevue area. It came up with some wonderful (and weird) competitions in the surrounding area, not just Bellevue. It also is a site I might use for event info.

The key here was ease of navigation and familiarity. I did check out the categories of Books and Personal Organization. Nothing can hold a candle to www.Librarything.com and I thought the Personal Organization sites didn't have much imagination. http://voo2do.com/ was the only one that looked even halfway inviting.

1 comment:

Jackline said...

Hi Nice Blog .This web time clock is used to track the time and attendance of employees, and at the same time track labor activity against specific parts, jobs, and operations.